United Voices was created as a response to a young newcomer’s sad passing due to bullying and other hardships sparked a community movement to tackle mental health issues head-on.
United Voices is brought to life by 21 local organizations aiming to find solutions around mental health, language barriers, and anti-bullying for newcomers.
What to expect:
• Inspiring talks from people who’ve faced similar challenges.
• Interactive sessions with stories from immigrant speakers.
• Activities to understand mental health better.
• Discussions on mental health perceptions.
• Ideas to promote mental health awareness in schools.
Event Address: Queen Elizabeth High School 512 18 St NW, CALGARY ALBERTA T2N 2G5
Note: This program is open to any newcomer youth or children of newcomers to participate, regardless of immigration status.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Everyone’s invited, not just newcomers, to build a stronger, understanding community. Come, learn, and share your voice!