Goal: To financially assist cancer patients who are financially stressed and are undergoing cancer treatments.
To be eligible for financial assistance you must have a diagnosis of cancer confirmed by a local oncology health care provider and be in active treatment (chemotherapy/radiation) that was diagnosed in the last 24 months. This may not include some long-term treatments which may be taken for several years post active treatment to maintain remission.
Eligibility will be reviewed by HCHF staff for approval.
Cancer Patients may apply for assistance in the following areas:
- Utilities (gas, electric, water)
- Mortgage / Rent
- COBRA Insurance premiums
- Gas Assistance (if traveling)
- Lodging Assistance (if traveling)
- Prescription Co-Pays at treatment center
REQUIRED for Application Processing
- Please include supporting documentation with application: copies of original bills/letter from landlord and income verification documents (3 paystubs).