This Event Sponsorship Agreement (hereinafter “Agreement”) is entered into between Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers (“TAAHP”) a Texas nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(6) status, consisting of membership organizations, and above mentioned Sponsor Organization (hereinafter the “Sponsor Organization”), collectively referred to as the Parties, as of the date of TAAHP Rep signature on this agreement (effective date). Upon execution of this Agreement by the Parties and payment to TAAHP of the total sponsorship fees selected in this Form, Sponsor Organization will participate as a sponsor in the 2024 Texas Housing Conference July 22-24, 2024 on the terms and conditions set forth herein. TAAHP has the sole right to determine the eligibility of any organization for inclusion in any event, and the TAAHP’s receipt of this Agreement and any initial deposit or specified fee from Sponsor Organization does not constitute acceptance of Sponsor Organization until this Agreement is executed by the TAAHP. The Parties agree to abide by all applicable laws in performing their obligations in connection with this Agreement and any attached addenda or exhibits. This Agreement represents a single commitment between the TAAHP and Sponsor Organization with respect to the event(s) indicated herein, including Sponsor Organization’s agreement to abide by the Attendee List License Agreement. This Agreement (together with all exhibits or addenda hereto, each of which are incorporated herein and made a part hereof) constitutes the entire Agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof and may not be modified except by mutual written agreement or amendment signed by the Parties. This Agreement will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without regard to its principles of conflict of law or choice of laws. Any unsettled controversy or claim between the parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any breach thereof shall be settled by binding arbitration in Travis County, Texas pursuant to the rules then in effect of the American Arbitration Association and in accordance with the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards. This Agreement does not create, and shall not be construed as creating, any rights enforceable by any person that is not a party to this Agreement. The headings of the Sections contained in this Agreement are inserted for convenience of reference only and are not intended to be a part of or to affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
- Participation: The applicable event(s), event date(s), event venue(s), sponsorship type(s), entitlements and sponsorship fees are contained herein. All additional details are contained in attached exhibit(s) and/or addenda, which feature the specific events, and the entitlements of the specific participation in the event(s) along with the Rules And Regulations for Event. Total sponsorship fees are specified on this page; corresponding to the event(s) selected by the Sponsor Organization.
- Payment Terms: Sponsorship Investment payment due on or before March 31, 2024, OR within 30 days from the date of contract execution if contract is executed between April 1, 2024 and May 31, 2024 OR immediately if contract execution date is June 1, 2024 or after. Failure to comply with payment terms may result in loss of this and future value and promotional opportunities. All sponsors at gold level and above are required to be members in good standing. In consideration of Sponsor Organization’s participation in the event(s) as set forth in the herein. Sponsor Organization shall pay to the TAAHP the total sponsorship fees payable according to the terms specified above. All fees are deemed fully earned by TAAHP and non-refundable when due unless otherwise provided for in this Agreement. Sponsor Organization will NOT be permitted access to or involvement in the event(s) (and this Agreement may be terminated by the TAAHP in its sole discretion) if specified fees are not received by the TAAHP within 60 days from the date of the executed contract for such amount. Remittance of payment will be performed according to the methods provided for by the TAAHP.
- Cancellation of Sponsorship/Exhibit Booths/Marketing Opportunities: Unless noted otherwise above, in the event that written notification of cancellation of Sponsorship/Marketing Opportunity is sent from the authorized representative of Sponsor/Exhibitor to TAAHP on or before May 1, 2024; all sums paid up until that date will be refunded. No cancellations or refunds will be accepted/made after May 1, 2024.
- COVID-19 Warning & Disclaimer: Coronavirus, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Federal and state authorities recommend vaccination, masking and social distancing as a means to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death. Participating in TAAHP programs or accessing TAAHP events could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. TAAHP in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in activities or programs of accessed at the TAAHP events. Prior to attendance, attendees should review CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/guidance.html
- Sponsor Organization Responsible for Exhibit & Materials: TAAHP is not responsible for Sponsor Organization exhibit and materials transported to Event. Sponsor Organization expressly represents and warrants to the TAAHP that it has the authority to enter into this Agreement and that the person signing this Agreement is authorized by Sponsor Organization to execute this Agreement and bind Sponsor Organization to the terms set forth herein.