The Tampa Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. recognizes outstanding academic achievements of high school graduates in Hillsborough County. Annually, Tampa Alumnae Chapter and with assistance from the community, raises funds to provide scholarships and book stipends to outstanding students. This application process is designed to provide the Scholarship Committee, information about you, that will help us determine the scholarships we will award. Please read the following information that describes eligibility requirements and provide answers to questions pertinent to the application process.
- Be an African American female and currently a high school senior
- Be enrolled in an accredited public, charter, parochial or private high school in Hillsborough County, Florida
- Have a 3.50 minimum grade point average (GPA)
- Demonstrate accomplishments in any of the following areas: Special Talents, Leadership, Extra Curricular, Athletics, and Community Service
- Plan to attend an accredited institution of higher education in the U.S. for Fall Semester of 2024 or Spring Semester of 2025
How To Apply
Complete the Tampa Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Scholarship Application and submit the following:
- Official High School Transcript Cumulative Summary Page Only. Important: Must include as an attachement in the designated area of the application by Friday, Dec 22, 2023 by 11:59 PM.
- Documented Community Service: Documentation of community service hours must appear on your transcript, if that is the way your school documents community service, if not; documentation must appear on official school letterhead and must be stamped with official school seal or stamp.
- A Photo (no proofs or watermarks) along with the required documentation.
All applications must be submitted electronically Friday, December 22, 2023 by 11:59 PM.
An official transcript must be submitted by Friday, December 22, 2023 by 11:59 PM.
If you have questions or need further clarification, please do not hesitate to email the Scholarship Committee: ScholarshipDSTTA@gmail.com.
All scholarships will be awarded at our Scholarship Awards Program on Sunday, May 5, 2024 (time/location will be given to award recepients on a later date).