Those selected will receive a full or partial registration fee waiver (up to a $425 value) to attend American Public Garden Association's Development and Membership Symposium in Tucson, AZ on January 10-12, 2024. Several waivers will be available.
We encourage applicants to register for the Symposium in advance, and we will refund registration fees if awarded a waiver.
Applications are due by 11:59pm ET on Friday, December 1, 2023.
Please contact Briana Berkowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
These members are given priority when evaluating applications:
- Staff from small gardens (annual operating budget under $1 million)
- 1st time attendees to an in-person APGA event
- Students currently enrolled in a university program with an internship/paid work affiliation with a member garden, or an active membership status with the Association through January 2023.
Applications are additionally evaluated based on:
- Strength of personal narrative
- Degree of individual and/or institutional financial need
- Issues of inclusion/diversity/equity/accessiblity
Application Criteria and Considerations:
1. All applicants must be employed by an Association member garden or hold an individual membership with the Association.
2. Applications must be accompanied by all of the following:
• A current resume or CV
• A 300-word narrative from the applicant stating rationale for seeking a registration waiver, demonstrating the applicant's interest in furthering his or her professional skills through attendance at our Horticulture, Greenhouse, and Facilities Symposium and explanation of need.
3. Disbursement of waivers is at the discretion of the APGA's Professional Development department.