2024 Live Nation Next Gen Program
High School & Young Adult (Ages: 16-21 yrs)
Program Dates: January 9th, 2023 - May 11th, 2024
In-Person Meetings (Tues & Thurs, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Location: 961 E 61st Street Los Angeles 90001
Program Overview - The SoLa Foundation has partnered with Live Nation Entertainment to train a new generation of Black and brown industry professionals from South LA. The Live Nation Next Gen Program's 20 participants explore various career pathways in the live music industry through technical training and mentorship from industry insiders. As part of this special opportunity, participants curate and promote their own Concert which will be hosted at The SoLa Beehive at the end of the program!
Program Description - This program aims to provide a deep look into "Live," the exciting world of concerts and music festivals. Hands-on workshops supplemented with guest speaker appearances from Live Nation staff help highlight various opportunities available within the live music industry.
At the end of this 6-month session, every Next Gen participant will have experience in booking, production, merchandise, sponsorships, ticketing, and more!
In addition to receiving a $500 stipend for completing the program, participants will also gain access to various alumni benefits. These benefits include but are not limited to exclusive workshops, field trips, internship opportunities, and continued mentorship.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Hear firsthand from industry professionals and executives about what it takes to enter the live music industry and excel.
- Understand the fundamentals of marketing, promotion, and branding as it relates to concerts and music festivals. This is what helps get people to your events!
- Learn how to work with others as you divide your workload to design and execute an event together.
- Familiarize yourself with the different roles/responsibilities of on-site event staff who are an essential piece of each live event.
- Hold your own artist auditions and seek out your favorite local talent to support your event!
- Once you've found artists that you like, learn about the booking process and what it looks like to have artists perform.
- Understand event revenue through ticketing, merchandise, brand partnerships, hospitality, and more.
- Get VIP access on an exclusive field trip to a Live Nation concert or music festival!
- Between the ages of 16 and 21 years old
- Willing and able to commit 6-8 hours per week to the program
- Able to attend meetings in person @ The SoLa Tech & Entrepreneurship Center (Twice a week - 2 hours each)
- We ask that you make sure your zip code is within our area served before you apply. This information will be verified.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST UNDERGO AN INTERVIEW TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION AND BE FULLY CONSIDERED FOR ACCEPTANCE.
***Deadline to submit 12/6/23 at 11:59pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.***