Applicants are required to submit responses to the following questions:
Tell us about the project you want to develop.
What is the concept? What is the artform? Why do you want to make the work, and why now?How do you want to connect with a future audience?
What do you need for the development?
What are your goals for the development period? What artists and/or mentors do you want to collaborate with on the project and why? Does the work have any technical requirements? How will you use the time to achieve your development goals?
What is your artistic practice and how is it connected to Canberra?
What is your artistic practice? How long have you lived or worked here and what kind of performance work have you made in the ACT? Why are you interested in making work in Canberra?
Support Material Attachments + Proposed Budget Breakdown
Please attached no more than 3 files and no more than 2 URLs to support material that demonstrates your practice and/or the work you want to develop. This should include your proposed budget breakdown, detailing how you would allocate the budget (up to $10,000), with first consideration to artists fees.
When drafting your budget, please take into consideration the following:
- Cost of venue is provided in-kind and in addition to the amount available to fund project costs -that is: not counted as part of the $10,000.
- The standard weekly MEAA rates for an artist is $1,200.
- Any technical costs your project might require will be budgeted as part of the project costs and is not provided in -kind.
- The minimum tech staffing call-out time is 4 hours. Allow $50/hour for tech staff.
- Consider an amount of money to cover documentation. Good documentation can help you tell the story of your work to future supporters or programmers of the work.
- Your total project budget doesn’t have to equal $10,000. If what you want to do will cost less, that is ok – it must be feasible.