17-19 MAY, 2024 | Bloomington, MN, USA
2024 Summit Call For Participation
Tech Comm in Action: High-Tech and
Low-Tech Solutions to Tech Comm Problems
This year’s Summit is all about interactivity - making the audience into the expert, and getting people together to learn, teach, and grow.
- Whether high-tech enterprise solutions, or low-budget, high-performance hacks, everyone will be working together at #STCSummit2024 to provide solutions to tech comm challenges.
- We also recognize that there are many teams that are not so well funded, which makes high-tech solutions unobtainable.
- Neither situation is ignored at STC Summit as we explore solutions to many of the challenges we face every day in the industry.
We also want to create time and space for community building.
- Whether you belong to a chapter, SIG, or want to chat with people interested in the same stuff you are, we have built-in time and space for many of those conversations.
This will be an opportunity to see what other folks in the industry are working on, what they are trying to solve, what they have figured out, and for you to contribute to any or all of those conversations!
New Learning Experiences
We are looking to explore many new styles and types of sessions - so start thinking outside of the box (and away from the podium)!
The new styles and types we are looking to include:
- Intensives - 2-, 4-, or 8-hour sessions that delve deep into a single topic or area of tech comm.
- Panel Discussion Round Tables - Led by a panel but powered by audience participation with ideas, questions, and relatable stories.
- Poster Session - Present original research, customer success stories, processes, or ideas in a poster and talk to folks one-on-one or in small groups in the expo hall.
- How Things Work - Demonstrations on how things are built or work.
- Lightning Talks - Fast 5-10 min presentations with 10 or so slides.
- Get Hired!
- (Speed) Interviews - We are looking to bring in real companies that are actively hiring (hoping for hiring managers!) to do speed interviews on-site!
- Resume Writing - What would you like to see from resume writing content?
- Portfolio Building - How to build a portfolio that you can share outside your company.
- Mentoring Booth - A booth in the expo hall staffed with mentors from different areas where people can come up and talk to them about a specific topic.
- Meet the Author - Scholastic book fair for adults! Hoping to bring in a bookseller and some authors to talk about their books and make the books available for sale.
- Other - Did we forget something? Have an idea about a topic or session that you’d like to see but don’t want to present on? Let us know!
New Networking Opportunities
We want to get people together with common interests, goals, and missions.
- Dine-Arounds - Same great food, new grouping!
- We’re redefining the dine-around and adding more of them!
- This year we are looking at topic-based dine-arounds so you can chat with new folks who are interested in similar topics.
Community Gatherings (SIGs, Chapters, and other like-minded folks)
We all miss face-to-face conversations and in-person meetings, so this is time built into the schedule for groups to chat, catch up, strategize, and just get reacquainted with each other!