Position: Executive Director
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Reporting to the Executive Board, the executive director will oversee the day-to-day operations of SCABSE, with a focus on advancing the organization's mission, vision and goals. The executive director is directly responsible to the Executive Board and will support, as well as carry out the decisions of the Board.
- Active Member of SCABSE
- Administrative experience
- Organization leadership experience
- Commitment to the Affiliate
- Relationship builder (positive)
- Experienced communicator
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and secure the necessary resources (including sponsors) to support the organization.
- Strategically plan and coordinate regional meetings across the state to enhance membership engagement.
- Act as a liaison to all committees, staying informed about their activities and initiatives.
- Represent SCABSE at various local, state, regional, and national meetings, NABSE, SCDE, SCSBA and SCASA.
- Establish and collaborate with satellites to nurture SCABSE presence throughout South Carolina.
- Manage tasks related to maintaining the organization's 501(c)(3) status.
- Prepare and submit the annual affiliate report to NABSE.
- Develop and submit SCABSE's annual budget for approval by the Executive Board.
- Ensure the creation and submission of SCABSE's monthly financial report to the Executive Board.
- Ensure the compliance of all legal obligations to include, but not limited to, contracts etc.
- Serve as ex-officio (non-voting) member of the Executive Board.
- Provide relevant reports to the Executive Board.
- Attend board meetings, conferences and other alliance activities as determined by the president.
- Perform any other functions appropriate to the office of the executive director, which may be assigned by the Board or the president.
Stipend of $15,000
For more information about the the position of exceutive director contact Dr. Zona Jefferson at 803-603-7027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.