Family Law - 12 Hour Compliance Bundle
On Demand - NC Bar-Approved Courses
10 general and 2 ethics CLE hours
$170 until Friday, December 1, 2023
- Abuse and Neglect Cases
- Professor Tenika Hall will lead a discussion on child abuse, neglect, and dependency.
- Advanced DVPO Topics
- Attorney Elysia Prendergrast-Jones will cover financial reliefs, how to use and understand temporary jurisdiction for custody matters, and additonal reliefs offered in a 50B.
- Collaborative Divorce
- Attorneys Sheryl Friedrichs and Sean Vitrano will describe where Collaborative Divorce fits in the spectrum of alternative dispute resolution processes, the history of Collaborative Divorce, the statutory framework in North Carolina, and the practical application of the process.
- Discovery in Family Case Law
- Join Professor Katrina Smith as she shares practical insights and tips on maximizing your discovery strategies with confidence.
- Equitable Distribution
- Attorney Dana Bellingrath will discuss basic information regarding equitable distribution also seeks to give guidance and tips on avoiding malpractice with equitable distribution.
- Intermediate Issues in Adoption Practice
- In this focused class, experienced attorneys skip the intros and deal with more immediate issues in Adoption practice. Attorney Ashley Michael will elaborate on open adoption contracts, best practices in working with pro se birth parents, and more.
- Military Pensions
- Attorney Brent Tanner will address issues specific to military families, including military divorce. He will explain effective strategies to protect the clients who are deployed from being disadvantaged in custody cases, etc
- Research Tools Workshop
- Professor Nichelle Perry will address how to locate and utilize low-cost and free research tools in NC
- Cybersecurity Threats
- Attorney Eva Lorenz will lead a discussion on how to prepare for and defend against ransomware and other cybersecurity threats.
- Civic Engagement: An Ethical Discussion
- Justice Bob Edmunds will discuss the ethical duties lawyers have to pursue civic engagement.