The call for nominations to the American Public Gardens Association's Board of Directors is now open. You may nominate yourself or someone else whom you think would be an asset to the Board. This is an opportunity to shape the future of the Association.
A strong Board represents its membership in as many ways as possible. We continue our focus on diversity this year. That includes individual demographics, region, type of institution, and size of institution.
All expressions of interest will be considered as we look to advance the diversity and depth of the Board. To help increase representation from individuals representing small organizations, financial support is offered to help offset travel costs for board meetings.
Some quick points:
- The Board is composed of 15-18 members;
- There are four meetings per year, with at least three occurring at a member garden;
- The Board Member fulfills a three year term;
- This is a governance Board, supporting the operations leadership of the CEO and staff;
- The Board has fiduciary oversight and responsibility
Most Board members find their service to be among the highlights of their careers.
Submit a nomination today to be considered by the Nominating Committee to stand for election in 2024.
Please join us as we make the world a place where public gardens are indispensable!
Nominations are accepted through January 19, 2024.