Scottsdale Saddle Club Participant’s Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT. YOUR SIGNATURE INDICATES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF AND AGREEMENT TO ITS TERM PURSUANT TO ARIZONA STATUTE
This is an agreement between the Undersigned (or minor in my charge) and Scottsdale Saddle Club.
I, * * (hereinafter the “Undersigned”) on
behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next of kin, spouse and assigns HEREBY:
1. Acknowledge that horseback riding is a dangerous activity and involves RISKS that may cause
SERIOUS INJURY AND IN SOME CASES DEATH, because of the unpredictable nature and irrational
behavior of horses, regardless of their training and past performance.
2. Knowing these facts and in consideration of your acceptance of this form, I voluntarily assume
the risk and danger of injury or death inherent in horseback riding activities. I hereby RELEASE,
DISCHARGE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE, Scottsdale Saddle Club, doing business under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, employees, agents, sponsors and sanctioning organizations (hereinafter the “Releasees”), for any loss, liability, damage, or cost whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury (including death) to my person or property.
3. Release the Releasees from any claim that such Releasees are or may be negligent in connection
with my riding experience or ability including but not limited to training or selecting horses,
maintenance, care, fit, or adjustment of saddles or bridles, instruction on riding skills or supervising
4. Indemnify, and save and hold harmless Scottsdale Saddle Club and its employees and agents
from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or in any way connected with any event, my use of a horse and any equipment or gear provided therewith on any acts or omissions of employees or agents.
5. Agree to abide by and follow any instructions given or rules established by Scottsdale Saddle
Club or any of its employees, agents or volunteers with regard to my participation in any event, use of a horse or any equipment or gear provided therewith.
6. The undersigned expressly agrees that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption
of risk, and indemnity agreement is governed by the State of Arizona where the event is taking place, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Arizona law, and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the balance of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
7. Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against
Scottsdale Saddle Club or its owners, agents, employees, judges or managers for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the Undersigned will pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Scottsdale Saddle Club in defending such an action.