The Shakespeare Theatre will be accepting applications for this year's program on a rolling basis. The general application deadline is April 15th.
The 2024 Summer Professional Training Program will run June 3 - July 29, 2024, with some internships available into early-August.
We are currently accepting applications for Acting Apprentices as well as for the following internships (please refer to website for position descriptions):
- Sound Tech
- Costume Construction
- Lighting Tech
- Scenic Construction
- Production Administration
- Stage Management
- Business/General Management
- Artistic Administration
- Company Management
If you are a STAGE MANAGER who is interested and available to be considered for one of our Fall or Winter non-AEA ASM positions, please visit the work with us portion of our website to see which positions may still be available.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Please make sure you have all of the following information with you before you begin:
1. Contact information for THREE references (Name, Mailing Address, Institution, Email Address, Phone Number). Two of your references MUST be able to speak to your abilities and interests in the fields for which you are applying.
2. A single PDF document containing a 1-page cover letter and a copy of your most recent resume. You will need to combine your Resume and your Cover Letter into a single PDF document. This form will only accept PDFs. Please be sure to save your PDF using the following format: LASTNAME_FIRST INITIAL_SPTP_APP.PDF (i.e SHAKESPEARE_W_SPTP_APP.PDF). If you are applying to be an Acting Apprentice, please include a headshot in the PDF packet.
3. If you have a personal website or online portfolio, there will be a space to indicate that in the form below.
4. If you are applying to be an Acting Apprentice, you will be required to submit an audition video via the online hosting platform of your choice (YouTube, Vimeo, Personal Website, etc...). Audition video requirements will be outlined in the "Acting Apprentice" portion of this application. You MUST include a video link when applying.