NOTE: Please avoid playing the introductory video in Full Screen mode in order to facilitate smooth transition to the Scholarship Application Form.
1. Applicant is a graduating senior student of
Ames High School, Gilbert High School or Ames, Gilbert Homeshool Community
2. Applicant will be enrolled in
an accredited four year university, two year community college or a vocational school in the State of Iowa.
Student Essay(Word limit: 500)
The essay should include
1. A brief autobiography describing your academic strengths and challenges, work experience, extracurricular or community service activities, career objectives and other significant information.
2. A detailed statement describing why you are applying for this scholarship, your financial needs, your proposed field(s) of study and how you promote the Rotary motto of Service Above Self.
I hereby apply for a scholarship from the Ames Rotary Foundation. If I receive a scholarship, I understand and agree with the following:
1. I will help promote the Rotary motto, Service Above Self, wherever possible.
2. I will participate in media interviews and permit the Rotary Club of Ames and the Ames Morning Rotary Club to use my name, image and likeness generated by my scholarship award in whatever manner deemed fit.3. Rotary International, Ames Rotary Foundation, Rotary Club of Ames and Ames Morning Rotary Club assume no responsibility, liability or obligation whatsoever beyond providing the scholarship.4. The primary purpose of an Ames Rotary scholarship is to contribute to understanding through study and to assist in earning a degree or certificate.5. This scholarship is for one academic or vocational school year.6. The award amount shall be determined by the Ames Rotary Scholarship Committee. 7. With the evidence of enrollment, the scholarship will be proportionately distributed at the beginning of each term. A check will be made payable to the institution.8. I will be available to speak at a meeting of Rotary Club of Ames and Ames Morning Rotary Club at a mutually agreeable time.