We are looking for a passionate junior product manager to support our purchasing department with the product allocation and sell-through of products. The junior product manager's responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory, and staying on top of multi-store needs.
To be successful as a product manager, you should be confident, highly organized and an excellent communicator. An outstanding product manager has an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills.
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Ensuring products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
- Degree in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required since the Product Manager must communicate with team members, other departments, upper management and consumers of the company’s products
- Expertise in the product or market including specific technical or industry knowledge
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365