Save the Children Hong Kong’s Child Safeguarding Service provides child-safety training workshops and policy-writing support to help organisations in Hong Kong prevent and respond to harm to children. We help NGOs, education institutions, activity centres, and community groups across Hong Kong protect the children they engage with. Learn more about Child Safeguarding and our Service on our website.
We’re expanding our Child Safeguarding Service team and are looking for a Cantonese-speaker who is interested in working with us on a part-time basis. This role will offer the opportunity to directly work with child-serving professionals across a range of industries, and to engage and inspire them as they improve their internal child-safety standards.
Previous knowledge on Child Safeguarding is not required as this training will be provided to successful candidates.
Induction into Services:
- Learn about Child Safeguarding, including global best practice and local regulations, as well as Save the Children’s approach.
- Learn about our Child Safeguarding Service, including our service offerings, past experiences, and approach to ensuring quality impact.
Development and delivery of Services-
- Plan and deliver support to client organisations in Hong Kong through child-safety training workshops, webinars, and the development of child-safety protocols.
- Maintain client relationships and ensure Services meet expectations and needs.
Support the team to plan and deliver forums, events, and other activities for the Service.
Quality and expansion of Services -
- Take part in regular team meetings and discussions to stay up-to-date on global and local child-safety practices.
- Work with teams to design and develop promotional materials for the Service.
Support the translation and review of English - Chinese versions of materials.
Deliver evaluations, conduct assessments, and gather feedback in order to ensure the quality and impact of Services.
- Contribute to the development of the Child Safeguarding Service and its strategy.
Qualifications and experience:
- University graduate, major in social sciences or related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in social services, direct work impacting children/families in Hong Kong is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Cantonese.
- Strong understanding of and confidence in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Excel, PowerPoint) and online meeting platforms (MS Teams, Zoom).
- Experience in preparing written communications materials for different audiences and purposes is preferred.
- Experience in developing and delivering trainings is an advantage.
- Desire to develop knowledge and skills in networking, facilitation, and children’s safety.
*The job level offered with be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and work experience.
Contract period: 1 Year
Employment nature: Part-time basis (Expected to work 3 days a week)