- This contest is blindly judged. The author’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- Each entry is limited to 2,000 words. Indicate the word count in the upper right corner of the first page.
- All manuscripts should be in a standard 12-point font, and double-spaced. Poetry in the high school category may be single-spaced.
- Submissions not following the guidelines may be disqualified with no refund of entry fees.
- Submit a separate manuscript and fee for each category entered.
- Entries are accepted from any in-state student, including those in public schools, homeschools, charter schools, etc.
COMPETITION CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS:
Entrants may write about any topic they choose, or they can choose any of the following prompts:
My Superpower … write about a quality you have that you consider special or super!
A Holiday You Will Always Remember … what made that holiday special to you?
Sharing is Caring … write about a time you shared something that made a positive difference in someone’s life.