In February 2024, the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities Storytelling Project is proud to partner with Equitable Dinners to offer two innovative, unique evenings.
PLEASE NOTE: We are seeking table leads (people with I/DD) for two distinct but related events. These events are both intentionally placed the night before GCDD Advocacy Days with the explicit hope that they will segue into the next day's opportunity for advocacy and legislative activities.
Tuesday, February 6, 6:00-8:00p--PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT AND ITS TABLE LEAD APPLICATIONS ARE NOW FULL! PLEASE TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO OUR TABLE LEAD APPLICATIONS FOR THE VIRTUAL STATEWIDE EVENT BELOW!
- An in-person gathering in Atlanta at Georgia Public Broadcasting, 260 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- This is a live, in-person event that features a catered meal for up to 120 people.
- We are seeking 10 table leaders (people with I/DD), along with their 10 DSPs / caregivers / family member.
- Table leaders and their DSPs will each be paid $120 for their training and participation.
Tuesday, February 27, 6:00-8:00p
- A virtual, statewide gathering.
- This is a live virtual event held on Zoom.
- We are seeking 10 breakout room leaders with their 10 DSPs / caregivers / family members.
- Leaders and their DSPs will each be paid $120 for their training and participation.
All trainings will take place via Zoom and will include CART/ASL.
Each event will include a time for Q&A re: logistics for the upcoming Equitable Dinner, as well as a training on how to hold space and be a table or breakout session leader (depending on if you are leading at in-person or virtual event).
Training Opportunites In Preparation for the February 6 In-Person Event
- Tuesday, January 30 at 12p
- Thursday, February 1 at 6p
Training Opportunites In Preparation for the February 27 Virtual Event
- Tuesday, February 20 at 6p
- Thursday, February 20 at 12p
If you are selected as a table/breakout leader, you and your DSP will be compensated in the amount of a one-time payment of $120 for your training and participation in the event. In order to maximize participation and leadership of as many people with disabilities across the state, ideally, we would not have a crossover of leaders at both the in-person and virtual event.
In other words, please make a choice between which event you'd most prefer to serve in leadership.