Psychedelic Peer Integration Circle
Co-Sponsored by the MoCo Psychedelic Society
Tuesday, January 30th, 2024
4300 Montgomery Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
(Note: Pay close attention to parking details, below)
Psychedelic integration is a way of turning the insights and experiences we have when we use psychedelics into lasting behavior and lifestyle changes. It’s a process of becoming whole, moving from altered states to altered traits. A Peer Integration Circle is a group meeting where people take turns listening to and sharing their experiences, thoughts, and feelings relating to psychedelic integration. We are welcoming new people to our group!
This group may be right for you if you:
- Have past experience using psychedelics
- Want to talk through your psychedelic experiences openly with supportive people
- Seek additional strategies for continuing your integration process
- Wish to support others in their personal growth within an inclusive and judgment-free space
This group may NOT be right for you if you:
-Hope that attending might replace your need for professional treatment of any mental health problems you might have
-Are looking for group psychotherapy, medical care, or psychiatric treatment or advice
- Had a challenging experience with psychedelics that continues to cause you distress
- Want to find out where to access illegal substances or guides or practitioners working “underground”
HOW IT WORKS
Here are a few things to know about how our peer psychedelic integration group works:
-Tea and water will be provided
Please plan to attend the full duration of the event. Late arrivals and early departures disrupt the safety of our space. Doors will close at 7:10pm
There is a 16-person limit for this event, so that everyone will have the chance to speak and be heard. You must register via our MeetUp page.
**We ask you not to show up without registration.**
If you have concerns about accessibility, please contact the facilitator at the email below.
If you wish to speak to somebody about difficult psychedelic experiences and are unsure where to turn, immediate and free peer support is available from the psychedelic helpline Fireside Project.
Our expectations of all participants
To help keep our time together focused, meaningful, and safe for everyone, we ask that you abide by these expectations:
- We treat all people within our circle with courtesy, compassion, and respect, regardless of age, ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- We do not encourage or condone any illegal activities, the purchase, sale, transfer, or use of any illegal substances, or partaking in any unlawful activities related to illegal substances. For those who choose to partake, we encourage safety and awareness from a harm reduction standpoint.
- We do not use illegal substances during our meetings.
- Please do not use the group for references to ceremonies or where/how to find illegal substances, online and/or in person.
- Do not bring, buy, sell, transfer, or arrive under the influence of any illegal substances, or swap information on how to acquire them through the group, online and/or in person.
- Anyone who disregards these basic requests will be asked to leave the group and not be permitted to return. Thank you for respecting the safety of the space we are co-creating.
Facilitated by Keith Miller, LCSW-C and Leah Hoffman, RN.
Attending these meetings does not create a treatment relationship. Any attendees requiring medical or psychiatric treatment will be offered referrals to professional care.
For more information about your facilitators, visit https://calliope.health/psychedelic-integration-group/