All those who participate in the ministry of Straight Street carry out its mission under the authority of the Holy Scriptures. All regular and volunteer staff shall subscribe to the following articles of faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. We also uphold the holy institution of marriage between one man and one woman, rooted as it is in God’s creation of man and woman in His image and in the relationship between Christ and His Church.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
I hereby certify that I have not knowingly withheld any information that might adversely affect my chances for employment, and that the facts set forth in this application process are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that falsification of any statement or a significant omission of fact on the application, supporting documents, or interviews may prevent me from being hired, or if hired, may subject me to immediate dismissal regardless of when or how it was discovered. If I am released under these circumstances, I further understand and agree that I will be paid and receive benefits only through the day of release.
I authorize Straight Street to thoroughly interview the primary references which I have listed, any secondary references mentioned through interviews with primary references, or other individuals who know me and have knowledge regarding my testimony and work record. I also authorize Straight Street to thoroughly investigate my work records and evaluations, my educational preparation, and other matters related to my suitability for the position.
I authorize references and my former employers to disclose any and all employment records, performance reviews, letters, reports, and other information related to my life and employment, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure. In addition, I hereby release my former employers, references, and all other parties from any and all claims, demands, or liabilities arising out of or in any way related to such investigation or disclosure. I waive the right to ever personally view any references given to the school.
I understand that this application for employment is valid for no more than 120 days. After that, I must resubmit an application in order to be considered for employment.
I understand that this is only an application for employment and that no employment or employment contract is being offered at this time.
I understand that failure to complete any portion of this application or to sign this application will result in the rejection of my application.
I certify that I have carefully read and do understand the above statements.