The CRC, in conjunction with the CRCA Foundation, will provide a maximum $2,000 scholarship to a 2024 high school graduate who is a dependent of a Local 11 Contractor, dependent of Local 11 Contractor's staff, either in the office or field, or a member of Local 11. The award can be used towards the cost of an accredited four-year college or university, community college, or a vocational training center. The scholarship will be based on aptitude and financial need and may be renewable up to 3 times if the recipient maintains a 2.75 GPA based on a 4.0 system. All persons, irrespective of race, gender, creed, or national origin, who satisfy the eligibility requirements and submit a complete application will be considered. Recipients may be required to complete a one-day Saturday roofing intro class at the Local 11 Joint Apprenticeship Training Center.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS – All Scholarship Candidates MUST meet all 6 requirements for eligibility:
- MUST be a child of a Local 11 Member Company in good standing
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be a legal US citizen residing in Cook or other Chicagoland area counties
- Official ACT or SAT results (either directly from ACT/SAT, included on the high school transcript or a photocopy accompanies by a letter of authenticity from high school guidance counselor saved in a PDF).
- In process of or having provisional acceptance as a full-time student into undergraduate degree program(s) from a four-year accredited college/university in Engineering, Architecture, Business or Liberal Arts/Sciences OR trade school OR junior college.
- Submit their online application, including all required materials, by the March 27, 2024 deadline
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS – All of the following items will be required as a part of the online application:
- Completion of all application fields
- Official Transcript of the candidate’s high school records.
- Two (2) completed, signed Personal Evaluation forms, each with a corresponding one (1) page, SIGNED Letter of Recommendation (see “To Submit Application” for link to Personal Evaluation Form:
- One should come from a high school faculty member/guidance counselor
- The second from a non-related adult outside the high school faculty member
- No other recommendations will be considered
It is highly recommended that all required information be submitted together, and that all digital documents uploaded include the name of the student and the document contacts in the filename.
- The scholarship funding will be sent directly to the Bursar of the college/university where the student will do their undergraduate studies.
- The scholarship can be renewed a maximum of 3 times if a 2.75 GPA (in a 4.0 system) is met.
- For scholarship renewal, recipients are required to provide official grade transcripts following the spring term each year that cover that academic year.
- All scholarship awards will be announced at an official CRCA Foundation function in June.
The CRC/CRCA Foundation has the sole authority for granting these scholarship awards. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, faculty recommendation, extracurricular activities, employment experience, and a demonstrated interest in a productive career in one of the specified fields of study.
Although the intent of the CRC/CRCA Foundation is to recognize the outstanding nominee(s), should two or more candidates rank equally in the judgment of the Selection Committee, the student’s level of need will then be considered as the final criterion.
Applicants may be asked to attend a virtual interview session prior to final selection.
All selections are considered final. All applications and attachments become the property of the CRC/CRCA Foundation.