We are accepting new short plays to perform at our scratch night at Cottiers, Partick, on 26th March 2024.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Must use three actors or fewer (we can help with casting)
- Last between 10-15 minutes when performed
- Should not have previously been performed in public
- Limited tech and design (we can possibly do some basic sound and lighting cues)
- Please DO NOT include your name or any identifiable information about you on the script - we want to read them anonymously
Please submit scripts by 11pm, Thursday 29 February 2024! For all questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so excited to read your scripts.
How will scripts be chosen?
After the submission deadline, one of our volunteers goes through the submissions and anonymises them, removing writer names and email addresses.
Then, a panel of 3-4 other individuals (not including the person who anonymised the scripts) reads through the pile individually and make their own individual shortlists of 3 scripts they think should be performed. The panel then meet to hash out their final decision and writers are informed if they were successful or unsuccessful.
We are committed to making this process as fair and unbiased as possible. For this event, we give priority to writers living in the local Partick and Thornwood areas of Glasgow, in agreement with our funding conditions, but we encourage anyone who can make it along on the night to submit.