JIIFSC Song Competition Song Submission Agreement
The following constitutes the rules and regulations governing the Jamaica International Independence Foreign Song Competition (JIIFSC) and serves as a binding agreement between Artist submitting a song for the competition and JIIFSC.
Relatives of the Organizer or the Judges are prohibited from entering the competition. JIIFSC is open to any Jamaican Born Artist (or Artists of Jamaican Descent) residing outside of Jamaica. Relatives of the Organizer or the Judges are prohibited from entering the competition.
Song Submission Requirements:
• -Artist must be 18 years or older.]
• Entrants must submit a signed application form.
• Submit the song in MP3 Format to email@example.com
• Maximum song length is 4 minutes.
• Pay the entrant fee of US$150.00 (non-refundable)
• Submit the Lyric Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The recording label, artist, songwriter, producer, must be identified.
• Entry songs MUST be original. The songs MUST have been created for the JIIFSC Competition. Prior released songs are prohibited from entering the competition.
Artist agrees to the following regarding their original submission:
1. Artists/Other persons indemnify and hold JIIFSC harmless, against all claims, regarding the validity or the originality of the song entered. The song must have NO expletives. It must reflect the island culture. An International Flavor MUST be included (use the theme song “Gimme Jamaica” as a guide).
2. Artist recognizes that JIIFSC reserves the right to determine how the winning song is selected. JIIFSC reserves the right to accept or reject a song without cause.
3. The competition will consist of up to twelve songs selected for the Preliminary round and then seven songs for the Finals. Artist grants to JIIFSC a right to share the songs with the Judges.
4. Artist agrees they may be selected to perform virtually or live, and shall be prepared to do so if selected.
5. The finals may be virtual or in a live forum. The decision of the forum will be decided by JIIFSC only and announced to the artists. A five Judge Panel will decide the winner. The decision by the Judges is final. All artists entering agree that the decision of JIIFSC and the judges are final, and they will be bound by the decision.
6. Artist agrees that by entering this competition, they may not enter the same song in another competition during the same period, that this competition is running. • 1st Prize: US $8,000 + trophy • 2nd Prize: US $4,000 + trophy • 3rd prize: US $1,000.00
7. Any division of the prize among band members/performers/producers is the sole responsibility of the winner(s). JIIFSC is hereby given permission to use the artist(s) names, likeness, bio, pictures, song(s) and any communications with the artist(s) during and after the competition for publicity and advertising purposes without any compensation to the entrant or his or her associates.
8. The undersigned do hereby consent and agree that JIIFSC, its employees or agents, have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me and to use these in any and all media now or hereafter known. I release all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately and to market. I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for recording me
9. The final night performance will be recorded and visual recordings will be completed. JIIFSC will hold all rights to the recorded performances both audio and visual subject to giving all Artists and performers proper credit.
10. THE RIGHTS I further acknowledge, certify and agree that JIIFSC shall have the right to exploit any or all of the foregoing in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in all configurations as JIIFSC determines. I hereby grant to JIIFSC the worldwide right in perpetuity to transmit, communicate, manufacture, reproduce, adapt, distribute, and otherwise use the Master(s) in any form and by any method now or hereafter known, including, without limitation, via cable transmission, satellite transmission, electronic transmission, transmission via the Internet (including any promotional or commercial downloads), other reproductions (visual and non-visual) embodying the Master(s), to lease, license, convey or otherwise use or dispose of the Master(s) by any method now or hereafter known, in any field of use, to release phonograph records or other reproductions embodying the Master(s) under any trademarks, trade names, or labels, to perform such phonograph records or other reproductions publicly, and to permit the public performance thereof by means of radio or television broadcast, cable transmission, satellite transmission, electronic transmission, or any other method now or hereafter known and to permit any other partner label or distributor or corporation to do any or all of the foregoing.