1. The exhibition is exclusive to members of the Blackheath Art Society.
2. FEE: A non-refundable entry fee of $10 per work must accompany the entry form.
3. No entries or alterations to entries will be accepted after the catalogue has been compiled.
4. Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath:
a .Delivery of works: 9.00am–1.00pm Wednesday 28th March 2018
b. Collection of works: 4–5pm Monday 2nd April or 10am–12noon Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: Unsold works cannot be collected before 4pm Monday.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entry must
a. be for sale and at a price no less than $200
b. be an original work by the entrant completed in the last 12 months
c. not have been shown in any previous Blackheath Art Society exhibition
d. not exceed size limit (see f)
e. have the entrant’s name, the title and year the work was painted clearly marked on the back
f. There is a limit of three (3) works per artist, not exceeding a TOTAL area of 1.8sqm (including frame).Works comprising 2 or more parts (e.g. tryptich)must be joined, or parts will be counted as individual works.
6. FRAMING AND PRESENTATION:
a. works must be dry, ready to hang, with no projections
b. works must be strung using D-rings ONLY (we hang your work from the D-rings), no lower than one-third fromthe top of the work. Stringing should be coated wire or cord. Please tell your framer these specifications.
c. any artwork requiring repair or deemed unsuitable for hanging will be rejected.
d. for works under glass ensure matts and glass are clean and that backs have been taped and sealed to coverframing pins.
7. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
8. GST: it is the personal responsibility of artists, other than hobbyists, to send the appropriate contribution to the AustralianTax Office if their work is sold.
9. CURATING: The Blackheath Art Society committee reserves the right to:
a. select the works to be shown, with such decisions being final;
b. determine the way in which the selected works are hung;
c. publish images of prize-winning works for BAS marketing and advertising purposes.
10. Works not selected for hanging are to be collected at normal collection time.
11. The judge’s decision is final.
12. INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibilityis accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected by the nominated date on the entry form.
13. INDEMNITY: by signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach ofcopyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.
14. Submission of the entry form signifies that you have read and accepted these conditions of entry.