1. The exhibition is exclusive to artists who are financial members of the Blackheath Art Society. All membership applications, whether new or recurrent, must be approved at a BAS Committee meeting prior to submission of this form.
2. Exhibitors are encouraged to volunteer to support the exhibition in any way they are able.
3. FEE: A non-refundable entry fee of $10 per work must accompany the entry form.
4. No entries or alterations to entries will be accepted after the catalogue has been compiled.
5. Works are to be delivered and collected from the Studio, 139a Station Street, Blackheath. If works cannot be delivered/collected by hand, they must be transported by courier at the artist’s expense.
a. Delivery of works: 9 am – 1 pm Wednesday 31 March
b. Collection of works: 4-5pm Mon 5 April & 10-12 Tues 6 April
UNSOLD WORKS CANNOT BE COLLECTED BEFORE 4PM ON MONDAY 5 APRIL
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entry must
a. be for sale and at a price no less than $200
b. be an original work (no reproductions) by the entrant completed in the last 12 months
c. not have been shown in any previous exhibition organised by Blackheath Art Society
d. not exceed size limit (see 6f)
e. have the entrant’s name, the title and year the work was created clearly marked on the back, and
f. be limited to two (2) works per artist, not exceeding a TOTAL area of 1.3 square metres (including frame). Works comprising two or more parts (e.g. triptych) must be joined, or parts will be counted as individual works.
7. FRAMING AND PRESENTATION:
a. works must be dry, ready to hang, with no projections
b. works must be strung using D-rings (we hang your work from the D-rings), no lower than one-third from the top of the work. Stringing should be coated wire or cord. Please tell your framer these specifications.
c. any artwork requiring repair, submitted without D-rings, or deemed unsuitable for hanging will be rejected.
d. for works under glass, ensure mats and glass are clean and that backs have been taped to cover framing pins.
8. COMMISSION is 25% of the sale price.
9. GST/TAX: It is the personal responsibility of artists to determine their taxation status (as a hobbyist or professional artist) and to send the appropriate contribution to the Australian Tax Office if their work is sold.
10. CURATING: The Blackheath Art Society committee reserves the right to:
a. select the works to be shown, with such decisions being final
b. determine the way in which the selected works are hung
c. publish images of any submitted works for BAS marketing and advertising purposes.
11. Due to space limitations, 3D works will only be accepted at the discretion of the Exhibition Coordinator.
12. Works not selected for hanging are to be collected at the normal collection time.
13. The judge’s decision is final.
14. INSURANCE: Exhibitors are responsible for their own insurance of works. Whilst every care will be taken, no responsibility is accepted for loss, theft or damage while in custody or transit, nor for works not collected by the nominated date on the entry form.
15. INDEMNITY: By signing this entry form you indemnify the Society and each of its managers against actions for breach of copyright and or actions for passing-off caused by works exhibited by you at any and all exhibitions of the Society.
16. Submission of the entry form signifies that you have read and accepted these conditions of entry.