This award is designated for projects initiated and/or led by youth, ages 7-18. Projects must be submitted with a partnering organization or community and must meet certain qualifications. The winning entry will receive a $500 cash award for the partnering organization.
All entries must include:
- A completed Entry Form, including a Project Description.
(We recommend typing the Project Description separately so you can "cut & paste" into the Entry Form. Please limit your Project Description to 1200 words. There is no minimum.)
- Photos and Documentation to illustrate the project.
(At least two high-resolution photos must be included with your entry. Photos must be in .jpg format, no larger than 1 MB each. TIP: Include "before and after" pictures that illustrate the progress of the project from start to finish.
Supporting documents must be in .pdf or .jpg format. TIP: include press clippings, brochures, flyers, newsletter articles, as well as letters used to fundraise, recruit volunteers or promote project. Please do not submit audio or video files.
You may submit up to 6 photos or supporting documents.)
Judges will be asked to make their decision based upon the following criteria:
1. In what manner did the youth initiate or lead this project?
2. How does this project address blight, litter, recycling or community improvement/beautification?
3. Does the project address the problem at its source?
4. Did the project have a continuing/long term effect?
5. How well was it organized?
6. How well did the youth work with a partnering organization or community group?
*All entrants MUST be present at our Love Thy 'Nati Celebration. Winners will not be announced until the award ceremony. Please RSVP on forthcoming invitation.