All entries must include:
- A completed Entry Form, including a Project Description.
(We recommend typing the Project Description separately so you can "cut & paste" into the Entry Form. Please limit your Project Description to 1200 words. There is no minimum.)
- Photos and Documentation to illustrate the project.
(At least two high-resolution photos must be included with your entry. Photos must be in .jpg format, no larger than 1 MB each. TIP: Include "before and after" pictures that illustrate the progress of the project from start to finish.
Supporting documents must be in .pdf or .jpg format. TIP: include press clippings, brochures, flyers, newsletter articles, as well as letters used to fundraise, recruit volunteers or promote project. Please do not submit audio or video files.
You may submit up to 6 photos or supporting documents.)
Judges will be asked to make their decision based upon the following criteria:
1. How does this project address blight, litter, recycling or community improvement/beautification?
2. Does the project address the problem at its source?
3. Did the project have a continuing/long term effect?
4. How well publicized was the project?
5. How well was it organized?
6. Were neighborhood residents asked to participate? How many participated?
7. Did the organizing group leverage various sources of funding or donations for the project?