Great to Hear! Please complete the below section for the Parade.
Date & Location of Event
Parade: Saturday, June 1, 2019 • 9AM – 10AM • Dover, DE 19901. The Delaware Pride Parade will start at the intersection of S. West St and Lockerman St., it will continue down Lockerman turning right onto Federal St. and ending at Martin Luther King Blvd S.
A Participant Application is required from any person, group or other association seeking to participate in the Delaware Pride Parade (a “Participant”). This includes, but is not limited to, commercial, business related, trade, charitable, non-profits, for profits, clubs, lodges, bars, religious, industrial, associations, political elected officials or political parties. The Delaware Pride Parade is open to varying types of parade “units” such as floats and/or motorized unites, marching and/or performing units and walking units.
The primary function of this Participant Application is for the Delaware Pride Parade Committee to understand and attempt to incorporate Participants into the Delaware Pride Parade where possible. Types and quantity of Participants will be determined based upon, among other things, space available, variety, and/or the appropriateness as it relates to the purpose of the Delaware Pride Parade.
The Delaware Pride Parade Committee has the right to accept or reject any Participant Application and to approve all units including themes, music, signs, costumes and/or other paraphernalia that may be used by a Participant in the Delaware Pride Parade. The Delaware Pride Parade Committee reserves the right to deny a spot in the Delaware Pride Parade to any Participant who is, unwilling to abide by the Rules and Regulations outlined below, sign Hold Harmless Agreement, care for facilities appropriately, respect staff, or respect the public. Participants are expected to represent positive community values consistent with the event theme and purpose.
Upon submission of a completed Participant Application, the Delaware Pride Parade Committee will perform an initial screening based upon the submitted application. You will be notified if the Delaware Pride Parade Committee requires additional information and/or documentation in order to consider your Participant Application. All requested information must be received before a Participant Application will proceed to final review by the Delaware Pride Parade Committee. Once the review process is complete, you will be notified by e-mail (or other preferred method of contact) as to whether your Participant Application has been accepted or denied.
· Each entry must submit an official parade form and sign a Hold Harmless Agreement. All contingents are responsible for any and all acts and / or omissions on their part, or on the part of their agents, marchers, volunteers and / or employees that may result in injury or damage to themselves, their agents, marchers, volunteer and / or employees or to third parties. Contingents specifically agree to indemnify and to hold Delaware Pride and its agents, volunteers, the City of Dover and employees free and harmless and to defend it from any and all claims arising out of such acts or omissions.
· Check-in: All Parade Participants are required to check in PRIOR TO UNLOADING OR SETTING UP. Check in and set up times will be communicated by email within two weeks of the event. (Times will be staggered to allow for optimal convenience.)
· All Parade participants will be responsible for the actions of their employees and/or agents.
· No walkers under the age of 12. They may ride a float/vehicle. We want to keep them safe.
· Insurance & Driver’s License: Each contingent vehicle that enters the parade line up area and / or participates in the parade must have liability insurance and the driver must have a valid driver’s license, proof of which must be submitted when registering for the parade.
· Throwing from Your Contingent: Parade participants may not throw any item into the crowds. This means you may not throw items from your unit, float or auto. Items may be handed out. NOTE: A penalty of $150 for each infraction will be levied. If your entry is pulled from the parade; entry fees will not be refunded or returned.
· Contingent Monitor: ALL contingents are required to supply at least one monitor for every 25 participants to assist Delaware Pride officials while the parade is in progress. Any contingent without a monitor will not be able to participate. Their role is to 1) assist in the safety, specifically keeping the area in front of vehicles clear of pedestrians; 2) assist in the movement and pacing of the parade.
· Signs & Banners: In order to better facilitate parade announcements and TV coverage, a sign or banner providing the name of the organization / business must precede each contingent participating in the parade or the contingent shall have the name prominently displayed on their vehicle. Position number must be attached to your banner or vehicle window or carried by your designated parade liaison, whichever is most visible to announcers and video cameras. Position number should be posted on the upper left of the banner or on the front passenger window for a vehicle.
· Generator pads MUST be placed underneath generator while on the float. Fire extinguisher must be located within 10 ft of generator. Abide by all generator manufacturer rules.
· Delaware Pride reserves the right to prohibit the display of any signs, articles or products that in our sole opinion are not keeping with the nature of the parade and festival. We have the legal right to control the message of our events and exclude individuals expressing a contrasting or contrary message.
· Forward Motion: All contingents are required to maintain a continuous forward motion during the parade. No stopping unless directed by Delaware Pride staff. All performances or maneuvers must be “on the move.” NO GAPS between parade units of more than 30 feet. This includes bands, twirlers, walkers, etc. Bands must perform/play as they walk. Twirlers and dancers will not be allowed to stop and perform.
· Emergency Traffic Lane: Police and Fire Department traffic lanes must be kept open at all times. The law forbids parking vehicles, decorating units, practicing routines and / or forming walking groups in these lanes.
· Parade Entry Participants will comply with all instructions from the Dover Police Department and the Delaware Pride Staff.
· Family Friendly: We are pleased to offer a Pride Parade that is suitable for people of all ages, including families and young children. Please ensure that all music is “radio friendly” and at a comfortable volume level for spectators. Make sure all members of your entry are dressed in a way that reflects our family friendly nature.
· Nudity and Obscenity: Nudity and obscenity are not permitted. Violators may be subject to citation or arrest by the Dover Police Department.
· Solicitation: Contingents are not allowed to solicit money along the parade route.
· Animal Contingents: All animals must be on a leash and attended at all times. Each contingent with animals must provide clean-up for all waste created by the animals. Waste cannot be left on streets. Violators will be immediately removed from the staging, parade or dispersal area and assessed a $150 clean-up fee. Please ensure you have water for all animals and footpads are encouraged for your dogs.
· Vehicle Breakdown: Towing charges for any contingent vehicle that becomes disabled and / or delays the Parade will be at the contingent’s expense.
· Removal of Participants: Delaware Pride reserves the right to remove any contingent and / or person(s) from the pre-parade staging area or parade that, in Pride’s opinion is offensive, a hindrance to the progress of the parade, places other participants in danger or violates any regulation of this application.
· Marching Together and Third Party Reassignment: No contingent is allowed to participate as one or as part of another contingent without advance pre-parade registration and approval from Delaware Pride. Any contingent “crashing” the parade will be removed immediately. Groups desiring to march with other groups must state that in the “Special Requests” field of the application. No parade entry may be reassigned to a third party without express written approval of Delaware Pride.
· Drugs & Alcohol: It is illegal to possess or consume alcohol or drugs while participating on City of Dover streets. Any illegal behaviors and / or violations of the law will not be tolerated in the Delaware Pride Parade staging, route and dispersal area. You will be responsible for any fines, fees, arrests, injury or imprisonment that may occur if you break these or any other laws. In addition, violations will be immediate cause for dismissal from the parade. Please discourage your participants from consuming any alcohol or drugs prior to or during the parade.
· We suggest you bring water to keep hydrated during the parade. All floats must carry fire extinguisher and adhere to city, police, and fire regulations. No live fires. No refueling on the parade route. No alcohol or drugs. No nudity or lewd behavior will be allowed.
· Provide positive interactions with any protestors. Notify police or your nearest Delaware Pride Volunteer should you have a concern.
Parade Line-Up 8:30am – 9:30am. Two weeks prior to the day of the parade, your contingent will be given a line-up number that corresponds to a spot in the staging area. Check-in will take place at the intersection of Reed St. & S. West St. Lineup will be on S. West St. There you can assemble and set up for the parade. If you need to drop off supplies, please do so before 8:00 AM. For safety reasons, only vehicles participating in the parade are allowed in the staging area after 8:00 AM. The staging area is divided into zones (A to S), and check-in times are staggered to minimize congestion and wait times. You must check in at the assigned check-in time.
The Delaware Pride Parade will start at the intersection of S. West St and Lockerman St., it will continue down Lockerman turning right onto Federal St. and ending at Martin Luther King Blvd S. Once Parade participants hit E. Water St they may disperse. Judging will be done at the Federal St. and Martin Luther King Blvd N. intersection.
Floats / Decorated Vehicles
Floats and decorated vehicles must enter the staging area at your contingent’s designated check-in point and time window. If your contingent did not submit required driver and insurance information for each float or vehicle participating in the parade by Saturday, June 1st, be prepared to provide it at check-in. Each float or vehicle participating in the parade must be equipped with a fire extinguisher with a minimum UL rating of 2‐A‐10B: C that is accessible to the operator.
Contingents without floats / decorated vehicles should designate one person to check in and claim your spot in the staging area. All other participants do not need to check in and can arrive at a later time to avoid lengthy wait times.
If you need to make vehicles that were in the parade street legal, please turn left onto E. Water St. off of Federal St. enter the nearest parking lot and break-down your vehicle. Please break down and leave as quickly as possible to make space for the contingents behind you. Parade marchers may continue down to Martin Luther King Blvd S. to the Pride Festival or exit the Parade at E Water Street.
Due to advertising deadlines, we need 50% of Sponsorship Money upfront and the remaining balance & all logo’s no later than April 30, 2019.
Please note that Delaware Pride, Inc. works with various publications and design deadline dates. Completing a sponsorship agreement early is highly advised to be included in all promotion opportunities.
By signing this agreement, you are agreeing to the sponsorship as explained in the Delaware Pride Sponsorship Packet. Payment may be made by check, money order, PayPal or you may be invoiced. Sponsorship not considered secured until balance is paid in full. Delaware Pride Inc. reserves the right to accept/decline sponsorships. You will be notified upon approval. Thank you for your continued support!
For your convenience, you have the option below to print this completed form. If you choose to do so, please make sure to click the "Submit" button afterwards, or we will not receive your form. Thank you.
For more information or if you have any questions please contact Delaware Pride at: DP_Sponsorship@DelawarePride.org
Or call us at 302-265-3020