JURIED EXHIBIT DESCRIPTION:
In lieu of the usual annual physical exhibition, GNSI members’ works will be featured in a JURIED online exhibit this year.
The late start of the GNSI conference planning precluded the ability to secure a suitable gallery space. The opportunity to focus on an exclusively online show will help make for better future digital shows, a mainstay in the art arena these days.
The presentation will be on the Guild's Website:
Open to all GNSI members in good standing.
: 11:59PM Eastern Time, Wednesday April 20, 2016
Science or nature-related themes; traditional or digital entries, up to 2 pieces per member. No photographs.
Traditional or digital or mixed, 3D, animation, interactives and sculpture are all welcome. No photographs. Artwork must be created by the submitter within the last 5 years and not accepted into previous Annual Conference Members Exhibits.
Specifications and formats:
Art Specifications and formats:
- Minimum of 2000px in the longest dimension
- Sculpture: one object can have 2 image views entered to fill the entry form (representing only 1 entry)
- Image formats: JPG (80/100 quality or better), PNG, TIFF
- File size: 5MB or less
- Animation Submissions: MOV, MP4, in 720p or 1080p. Submit still image representation and provide link to animation file if animation is larger than 5MB.
- Interactive Submissions: Flash, 3D objects, 3D web interactives, etc. Submit still image representation and provide link to interactive file if animation is larger than 5MB.
Dates: This exhibit will run for 6 weeks, from July 1 to August 12, linked on the front page of the GNSI.org website. Afterwards, it will be archived on the website, so viewing the artwork in context will be accessible for years to come.
Acceptance Notification by
: May 20, 2016.
Fill out the form below completely and submit by
11:59PM Eastern Time, April 20, 2016
Terms of Submission:
I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR ACCEPTED ARTWORK TO BE USED FOR GNSI CONFERENCE AND EXHIBIT’S PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES SUCH AS BROCHURES, POSTERS, PROMOTION ARTICLES AND NEWS MEDIA; PROMOTION OF THE GNSI ORGANIZATION'S WEBSITE, AS WELL AS A PRINTED OR ON·LINE EXHIBIT CATALOG. ONLINE IMAGES WILL BE WATERMARKED IF DISPLAYED AT HIGH RESOLUTION. (SUBMISSION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS)