1. Diocese of Marquette parishes, missions and diocesan Catholic Schools are eligible for funding.
2. Applications for funds must be for programs and projects that fit the grant focus: The New Evangelization and Bishop John Doerfler's three-fold invitation to the people of the Diocese of Marquette: Be a friend of Jesus, Make a friend, Introduce your friend to Jesus.
NEW - A list of evangelization resources is available on our website. Click here to view.
3. Funding decisions are based on the potential of the program or project to provide quality Catholic faith formation offerings. Applications are encouraged for programs that build upon past programs and have potential for expansion or long-range impact.
4. Grants are not intended to cover the full cost of the program/project. A minimum of 25% local funding by the parish, school or group is recommended; however, if this guideline presents a financial hardship, an explanation should accompany the request, and it will be considered.
5. For requests to assist participants with costs associated with their participation in trips, retreats and pilgrimages, a maximum of $50 per participant may be awarded. Does not include summer youth faith formation programs in the Diocese.
6. Items typically not funded: consumables, such as food and beverages served at events.
7. Requests that impact people or locations not previously receiving grant funding from the Endowment Foundation of the Diocese of Marquette will be given priority consideration.
8. Completed applications received on or before the published grant deadline will be considered.
9. The Bishop/Diocesan Administrator has the ultimate authority in approving all grants.
10. Grants that are awarded may be declined without negative consequences to future grant requests.
11. Approval of a Legacy of Faith grant should precede incurred expenditures related to the grant project. Legacy of Faith grants are intended to improve and enhance programs and should not be awarded as reimbursement for expenses that have already been incurred.
12. Acceptance of a grant constitutes agreement to:
Acknowledge Legacy of Faith as a funding source on all communications and publications regarding the funded program.
Abide by terms and conditions of the grant.
Submit a completed annual evaluation report to the diocese. The evaluation will be used to assess the effectiveness of the grant program and guide future funding decisions.
13. Grant checks will be payable to a single parish, mission or school, which will assume all fiscal responsibility for the grant funds, including collaborative projects. Grants will be paid when evaluation requirements for prior Legacy of Faith grants received by the grantee are met.
14. Any unused grant funds remaining at the end of the grant period will be returned to Legacy of Faith.
15. All grant funds must be expended during the specified grant period. Requests for grant extensions beyond the grant period may be considered in extenuating circumstances. Requests should be directed to the Legacy of Faith Office in writing.