Purpose Recognizes a person of esteemed character who has rendered distinguished service to the profession of architecture or to the arts and science within the territory of AIA Iowa.
• Must be nominated by an AIA Iowa member, faculty member, current student, or former student
• Must have made a significant contribution to architectural education in Iowa.
• Must be living at the time of nomination
• The candidate shall have had a cumulative effect on a long line and/or wide range of students.
• The candidate shall be a person whose activities have consistently directed him/her and students toward the future.
• The candidate shall have evidenced the ability to make connections between his/her particular areas of expertise and other areas as appropriate.
• The candidate shall be known by the quality of his or her products.
• Prior nominations will not affect eligibility.
Jury Respected professionals from the architectural community, outside the state of Iowa. The jury chair is selected, and they assemble a jury. Either jury chair or member of the jury shall be in the academic field.
Recognition Annual AIA Iowa Fall Convention, Design Awards Celebration.
2022 Submission Deadline: August 5, 2022