Regarding Social Media
- If you blog or maintain a Facebook or Twitter account, your LCF family may opt to keep up with you through those medias as well. While social media can be a great connection tool, it also serves as a window into your life beyond Sunday. In light of that, we ask you to keep in mind that we are to honor the Lord and serve as His ambassadors wherever we go––including the Internet. Please know that the things you post (language, pictures, comments, etc.) on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites are usually accessible to your LCF family of all ages, as well as those looking to you as a witness for Christ outside of LCF. Please use good, Godly judgement.
Regarding Alcohol/Drug Use
- If any of the statements below describe your life, we ask that you not serve at this time:
• Have been arrested for or convicted of an alcohol or drug-related offense in the past twelve months;
• Currently being treated for alcohol or drug abuse;
• Currently using marijuana or any other illegal substance (not prescribed to you by a licensed, practicing physician);
• Abusing prescription drugs by taking more than the prescribed dosage, and/or using them for reasons other than the reason prescribed;
Regarding Sexual Behavior
- The Bible teaches that sex was created by God as an expression of intimacy between a man and woman within the context of marriage. LCF volunteers who embrace lifestyles or behaviors that conflict with the Bible will eventually find themselves having to pretend to be something they are not or believe something they don"t. In an effort to protect you from a potentially awkward situation, if any of the statements listed below describe your current lifestyle, we ask that you not serve at this time, but take time to grow in your faith and re-apply at a later date.
• Involvement in a sexual relationship and you are not married;
• Involved in a same sex relationship;
• Unmarried and living with a member of the opposite sex;
• Married and currently involved in a sexual relationship outside of your marriage;
• Addiction to or regular viewing of pornography;
This Christian Character Agreement
is intended to help you, by giving you time to grow and mature in the Lord. We know that the Lord is pleased with the progressive growth in the lives of all of His children and we trust this agreement will be a helpful catalyst to your own spiritual development. If you are struggling with any of the above situations in your life, please feel free to contact our ministry staff, so that they can help you find appropriate support for achieving victory in those areas.
If you have any questions regarding your volunteer situation, please don"t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.