1. The goal of the Dependent Bursary is to provide some additional financial flexibility to members who are in a primary caregiver role and who are experiencing financial need in order to help them achieve their academic and professional goals.
2. The Association defines "dependant" as a family member who requires constant supervision and who cannot physically meet her or his own daily needs. The Association further defines "primary care giver" as the person who lives in the same residence as the dependant and is physically and financially responsible for ensuring on a daily basis that the dependant"s needs are met.
3. The applicant must supply the following to be eligible for this bursary:
a. A copy of a valid driver"s license or passport identification page
b. Proof of registration at York University, such as a valid YU Card
c. A completed and signed application form
4. The maximum amount that each eligible applicant can receive each academic semester is $200.00. The amount awarded to each applicant is subject to the total number of applicants and the total amount of funding available, as well as the financial need of the individual applicant.
5. Students may apply for the Dependent Bursary each semester. Priority will be given to first-time applicants and to members whose verified household income falls below the Ontario poverty line. Additional applications will be considered on the basis of demonstrated financial need, at the discretion of the adjudicating committee.
6. Only one application shall be eligible per residence.
7. Only registered graduate students are eligible for this fund.
8. Awards are decided by the Funding Committee. Appeals may be submitted in writing to the Funding Committee. Bursary allocations will expire and not be reissued six months after issue.
9. Students with a loan in default from the GSA Emergency Loan Fund are ineligible for this bursary.
Please direct questions regaridng funding to firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues related to the form or submission contact email@example.com