Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with an approved trainer?
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
1. Materials are organized and readily available.
2. Teacher can see all students; students can see teacher.
3. Lesson begins within 2-3 minutes of designated time.
4. Rules for reading are posted, reviewed & referred to.
5. Teacher provides positive reinforcement/specific praise.
6. Teacher reinforces rules in a non-confrontational fashion.
7. All students are on-task; off-task behavior is addressed.
8. Teacher delivers instruction according to script.
9. Teacher provides clear signals.
10. 100% of student responses are on signal and confident.
11. Teacher looks at students when they respond.
12. Teacher delivers instruction at a brisk pace. (at least 10-12 responses from students per minute)
13. Teacher affirms final responses.
14. Continuous sounds are held for 3 seconds.
15. Quick sounds are quick and quiet.
16. Blending is continuous.
17. Teacher corrects each student mistake properly.
18. Students start over after each error correction.
19. Teacher provides individual turns in random order to check for mastery.
20. Teacher delivers story reading format correctly.
21. Students are tracking.
22. Teacher corrects all errors immediately.
23. Teacher corrects all errors properly.
24. Students start over after each error correction.
25. Teacher asks comprehension questions as designated.
26. Teacher correctly asks group vs. individual questions.
27. Teacher uses wait time and signals when asking comprehension questions.
28. Teacher corrects comprehension errors by returning to the text or providing information.
29. Teacher affirms answers in complete sentences.
30. Teacher instructs when indicated during exercises.
31. Teacher monitors independent work during exercises.
32. Student work is graded and corrected.
33. Students are experiencing a high level of success.
34. Lessons taught are recorded on Lesson Gain Chart.
35. Student scores on Benchmark Tests or CBA’s are recorded
36. When needed, teacher has re-taught and re-tested students who did not pass an assessment.
37. Teacher is averaging 4-5 lessons completed per week.
38. At least 80% of students within groups are at mastery.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: