Letterland Level K-Fidelity Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
DATE OF OBSERVATION:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
GENERAL LESSON PROCEDURES
1. Teacher prepares a lesson plan for every lesson.
2. Teacher consistently gives positive feedback to the students.
3. Lesson Activity pacing is appropriate.
4. Teacher is able to manage materials to transition from one activity to the next.
5. Questioning techniques are used throughout the lesson.
6. Lesson includes vocabulary discussion.
7. Teacher maintains student engagement/attention.
8. Visual and/or Auditory Drill is conducted by the teacher or is led by a student using pictogram cards. Character names, letter names, and sounds are solicited. Actions for characters may also be included.
9. Teacher’s sound production is accurate.
10. Teacher corrects incorrect sound production immediately; students practice.
11. Choral and/or individual responses are solicited.
12. Alphabet Songs are used for learning or reviewing concepts.
13. Picture Coding: teacher models picture coding process; students code letters(s) or word(s).
14. Handwriting Songs or verse are used for learning or reviewing letter formation.
15. Teacher models letter formation with song or verse.
16. Students practice letter formation using air write, carpet, marker boards, etc. repeating song or verse.
17. Teacher uses activity/ game from Activity Bank or teacher generated lesson.
18. Teacher incorporates Letterland ABC book, Storybook, and Bedtime Story.
19. Teacher uses A-Z Sentence Booklet, Copymaster or Workbook.
20. Live Reading takes place; words were pre-selected (props may be used).
21. Word building by teacher using big cards, letters, and/or magnets.
22. Teacher has students use multisensory strategies to blend such as arm blending, finger tapping/blending, roller coaster trick etc.
23. Teacher uses questioning regarding phonemes/letters/sounds etc.
24. Teacher uses My Letterland Reading Booklet.
Teacher tells the students the name of the letter(s), keyword, and sound. Students repeat and add picture to Notebook. Teacher ensures correct sound production.
TEACHER BUILDS WORDS
25. Live Spelling takes place; words were pre-selected (props may be used)
26. Spelling procedures are included: students are repeating words, segmenting sounds and mapping sounds to letters.
27. Students are Word Building using letters, magnets, wipe off boards, etc.
28. Teacher Read Aloud for comprehension and vocabulary building.
29. Decodable books are used for student practice.
30. Teacher uses Computer Activities related to the lessons.
31. Teacher uses Picture-Coding Activities as related to the unit.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: