Read Well levels 1, 2, 3, and Read Well Plus
Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
UNIT AND DAY:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
1. Materials are organized and readily available.
2. Teacher can see all students; students can see teacher.
3. Lesson begins within 2-3 minutes of designated time.
4. Evidence that reading routines and procedures have been taught.
5. Teacher provides immediate and positive corrective feedback.
6. All students are on-task; off-task behavior is addressed.
7. Efficient transition between lesson components (decoding, story reading and skill work).
8. Teacher delivers instruction according to script and lesson plan format. (I do, We do, You do)
9. Students track using finger to mark place in materials.
10. 100% of student responses are confident.
11. Teacher looks at students when they respond.
12. Teacher delivers instruction at a brisk pace- quick and motivating
13. Teacher provides individual turns to check for mastery.
14. Approximately 10-15 minutes of lesson consists of warm- up and decoding practice that includes: a. Sound review b. New Sound Introduction (if applicable) c. New Sound Practice d. Stretch and Shrink (if applicable) e. Smooth and Bumpy Blending (if applicable) f. Sounding Out Smoothly g. Tricky Words
15. Students are tracking.
16.Teacher follows script for story introduction, vocabulary building, and comprehension building
17. Students are tracking with finger.
18. Teacher corrects all errors immediately and properly.
19. Teacher asks comprehension questions as designated.
20. Teacher corrects comprehension errors properly.
21. Approximately 10-15 minutes consists of story reading (duet and solo stories)
22. Teacher instructs when indicated during exercises.
23. Teacher monitors independent work during exercises.
24. Student work is graded and corrected.
25. Students are experiencing a high level of success.
RESULTS AND USE OF DATA
26. Lessons taught are recorded.
27. Student scores on unit tests are recorded.
28. When needed, teacher has re-taught and/or provided additional practice based on monitoring, diagnosing, and adjusting to students needs.
29. Teacher has re-tested students who did not pass the unit test.
30. Teacher is averaging 4-5 lessons completed per week.
31. At least 80% of students within groups are at mastery.
32. Teacher records homework participation.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
Total Number of Blank Spaces
Should be Empty: