Corrective Reading Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER"S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
DATE of OBSERVATION :
Date Picker Icon
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
1. Materials are organized and readily available.
2. Teacher can see all students; students can see teacher.
3. Lesson begins within 2-3 minutes of designated time.
4. Rules for reading are posted, reviewed & referred to.
5. Teacher provides positive reinforcement/specific praise.
6. Teacher reinforces rules in a non-confrontational fashion.
7. All students are on-task; off-task behavior is addressed.
8. Teacher delivers instruction according to script.
9. Teacher provides clear signals.
10. 100% of student responses are on signal and confident.
11. Teacher looks at students when they respond.
12. Teacher delivers instruction at a brisk pace.(at least 10-12 responses from students per minute)
13. Teacher affirms final responses.
14. Teacher corrects each student mistake properly.
15. Students start over after each error correction.
16. Teacher provides individual turns to check for mastery.
17. Students are tracking.
18. Teacher conducts “Word Attack Skills-Individual Tests” (Levels B1, B2, C).
19. Students meet Individual Test criterion on first attempt and earn points for Word Attack.
20. Teacher completes Word Attack in 10-15 minutes (B1-C).
21. Teacher reminds students of error limits for story parts.
22. Students are tracking.
23. Teacher corrects all errors immediately.
24. Teacher corrects all errors properly.
25. Students meet the error criterion or part is reread.
26. Teacher asks comprehension as designated.
27. Teacher correctly asks group vs. individual questions.
28. Teacher corrects comprehension errors properly.
29. Teacher affirms answers in complete sentences.
30. Teacher completes Story Reading in 15-20 minutes (B1-C)
BI, B2 AND C CHECK-OUTS
31. Seating/partners are pre-determined.
32. Transition occurs in 2 minutes or less.
33. Teacher prompts students to read, check and switch roles
34. Individual Reading Progress Charts are up-to date.
35. Students complete Check-outs within 10 minutes.
36. Teacher instructs when indicated during exercises.
37. Teacher monitors independent work during exercises.
38. Student work is graded and corrected.
39. Students are experiencing a high level of success.
40. Point charts in workbooks are complete and up-to-date.
41. Lessons taught are recorded on Lesson Gain Chart.
42. Student scores on Benchmark Tests or CBA’s are recorded
43. When needed, teacher has re-taught and re-tested students who did not pass an assessment.
44. Teacher is averaging 4-5 lessons completed per week.
45. At least 80% of students within groups are at mastery.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: