Co-sponsored by the City of Agoura Hills Cultural Arts Council and the Westlake Village Art Guild, the purpose of the 2023 Student Awards Juried Art Show is to recognize, in a meaningful way, the dedicated teachers and talented students that enrich the fabric of our community.
Open to Greater Conejo Valley high school juniors and seniors, this Show has become one of the most significant of its kind in the region. The entry deadline is Sunday, January 29, 2023 and the number of submissions is limited to one (1) per artist.
Below is the OFFICAL ENTRY FORM for the 2023 Student Awards Juried Art Show. Only the strongest 75 entries, as determined by the Jury, will be invited to exhibit and compete for awards and generous cash prizes.
Entrants will be notified the week of February 6, 2023 which submissions have been selected by the Jury to exhibit. TAKE IN of accepted work is scheduled to be on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The AWARDS CEREMONY will be held on Friday, March 24, 2023.
2-D FINE ART (includes oil, acrylics, watercolor, mixed media, collage, pastels, pencil, ink, monoprints, digital illustrations, and photo derivatives)
3-D FINE ART (includes sculpture, ceramics and fused glass)
AWARDS - There will be a minimum of 17 cash prizes, with the number of awards in each show category proportional to the number of entries in each category relative to the total number of entries.
Best of Show - $250
First Place (each category) - $100
Second Place (each category) - $75
Third Place (each category) - $50
Honorable Mention (each category) - $25
ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Artist must be a high school junior or senior residing in the Greater Conejo Valley or attending a Greater Conejo Valley school.
- Work accepted into a prior WVAG Student Awards Show is ineligible.
- All work must be original and created by the submitting artist.
- Source/reference materials for creation of the artwork must be the artist's own.
- Finished artwork must weigh a maximum of 30 pounds with maximum dimensions of 30" x 40".
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED ENTRIES
- Accepted artwork must be professionally finished (appropriate framing or gallery wrapped) for take-in.
- Additional hanging hardware/requirements will be provided to accepted entrants.
- Artwork must have an I.D. tag on the back with the student's name, telephone number, E-Mail address, title of work and teacher's name.
- No copies or reproductions of the original artwork will be accepted.