I hereby certify that:
- All information provided in connection with this application at any time is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and agree that any misrepresentation or false statement made in connection with this application will be grounds for disqualification to serve on the Texas Shrimp Marketing Assistance Program Advisory Board.
- I am not required to register as a lobbyist under Chapter 305 of the Government Code because of my activities for compensation on behalf of a profession related to the operation of the Department.
If applying as a “Representative of the general public,” I certify that neither I, nor my spouse:
- Is certified or licensed by a regulatory agency in the field of seafood;
- Is employed or participating in the management of a business entity or other organization regulated by or receiving funds from the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA);
- Own or control, directly or indirectly, more than a 10 percent interest in a business entity or other organization regulated by or receiving funds from TDA; or
- Use or receive a substantial amount of tangible goods, services or funds from TDA.
Further, as an applicant for “representative of the general public,” I certify that I am not an officer, employee, manager or paid consultant of a Texas trade association in the field of seafood.
I authorize the Texas Department of Agriculture to conduct a background investigation in relation to this application, and understand that I will be required to provide my date of birth to facilitate this process. Failure to consent will result in rejection of this application.