TERMS & CONDITIONS
: (1) The hourly rate of 50€ per hour, OR basic fee of 40€ per single 45-minute lesson or 30€ per single half-hour lesson, OR 60€ per 60-minute when lessons take place at a third party studio space (hereinafter referred to as Third Party Studios), plus a 10€ travel fee when lessons take place in the Student’s home, AND/OR plus a 10€ administrative fee when lessons occur on a non-weekly ad hoc basis, shall be paid to Jonah Cristall-Clarke, Director (hereinafter referred to as "Director") of Piano Teachers Connect (hereinafter referred to as "PTC”) by the Sponsor (as entered above).
(2) Payments shall be made on a monthly basis, in advance for all lessons scheduled in that month, and must be received no later than 7 days’ before the first lesson in that month.
(3) Fees shall be paid to the Director only. At no time shall any amount be paid by the Student or the Sponsor directly to the Student’s assigned piano teacher. No PTP assigned piano teacher shall ask for or accept any payment from a Student or Sponsor.
Cancellations & Refunds
: (4) Where the Student or Sponsor cancels a scheduled lesson with at least 5 working days’ notice before that lesson, a fee refund or lesson credit shall be given for that lesson. Notice given after 5:00 p.m. shall be considered as the following working day. Notice of such a cancellation and request for a refund must be submitted to the Director only (not the assigned piano teacher). Otherwise the full fee for that lesson will be charged.
(5) Where the Student’s assigned piano teacher cancels a scheduled lesson, a fee refund or lesson credit shall be given for that lesson.
: (6) The Student or Sponsor may submit a request to reschedule a lesson without penalty by giving at least 24 hours’ notice, or at least 3 working days’ notice for lessons taking place at Third Party Studios, before that scheduled lesson. When rescheduling lessons at Third Party Studios, notice given after 5:00 p.m. shall be considered as the following working day. A lesson may only be rescheduled to another time within that same week or by adding time onto one or more future bookings. A request for rescheduling a lesson must be submitted to the Director for lessons taking place at Third Party Studios, and to the Student’s assigned piano teacher in all other cases.
: (7) Where the Student misses a lesson and the Student or Sponsor fails to give at least 5 working days’ notice of cancellation, or submit a request to reschedule with at least 24 hours’ notice or 3 working days’ notice for lessons taking place at Third Party Studios, the Student or Sponsor shall forfeit the full fee for that lesson. No refund or credit will be given for such missed lessons and they cannot be rescheduled or made up at another time.
: (8) At the request of the Student or Sponsor, and/or at the Director’s discretion, the Director may reassign a student from one PTC teacher to another, with appropriate notice to the parties affected.
: (9) The Student or Sponsor may discontinue lessons and terminate this agreement at any time by notifying the Director and giving a minimum of 5 working days’ notice before the Student’s next scheduled lesson. Similarly, the Director may at his discretion terminate this agreement by notifying the Student or Sponsor and giving a minimum of 5 working days’ notice before the Student’s next scheduled lesson.
(10) Notwithstanding section 9 above, the Director may at his discretion immediately terminate this agreement where a Student or Sponsor is found in violation of sections 1, 2 or 3 above.
(11) Upon termination under section 9 or 10 above, the Student and/or Sponsor agree(s) not to take piano lessons from any current or former PTC teacher for a period of one year.
: (12) For the purposes of this agreement, verifiable e-mail or voicemail messages to/from the Director or the Student or Sponsor, may constitute "notice" given under sections 4, 6, 7 & 9 above. The time and date of any such relevant e-mail or voicemail messages shall be deemed as the time when notice was given, regardless of when such communication is actually read or heard.