The annual Hopkins Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize extraordinary contributions to enhance the quality of life and general reputation of the community of Parkville. Its purpose is to encourage excellence in community stewardship and to inspire others.
Eligibility, Selection and Guidelines for Making Nominations
The primary criteria to be considered include:
- Involved in business, community or public service in the Parkville area over an extended period of time.
- A proven commitment to doing business in the Parkville area.
- Dedication to business and the broader community.
- Demonstration of business leadership and sound business practices
- Has shown a clear commitment to the Parkville business community with an emphasis on volunteerism and leadership over an extended period of time.
- Doesn't have to be a current Chamber member.
Nominations are accepted by resume/application from the membership at large and selected by a special committee appointed by the Chamber President. Nominees include all previous nominated individuals.
Past Award Winners:
2008 - Debbie Hopkins
2009 - Deborah Butcher
2010 - Jim McCall
2011 - Marvin Ferguson
2012 - Tim Rice
2013 - Linda Arnold
2014 - Ed Bradley
2015 - Denise McPherson
2017 - Kevin Heaton
2018 - Kathy Dusenbery
2019 - Dale Brouk
2021 - Dave Rittman
The winner will be announced February 25. 2023 at the 2023 Chamber Gala.