1. Applicant must be a Tennessee Craft member in good standing, and must have been a member in the prior calendar year for which funding is being requested.
2. The scholarship must be used for educational events such as classes, workshops, professional craft conferences or the like, which will further the applicant’s professional development in his/her craft.
3. The applicant will be required to show proof of attendance. Any monies not used for the purpose stated in the application must be returned to Tennessee Craft. Award monies must be used within one year of being awarded.
4. Upon returning from the event for which funding was received, applicant agrees to:
- Provide a written report detailing how this funding assisted his/her professional development and will further his/her career as a craft artist. Reports should be 300-500 words in length, typed, and mailed or emailed to the Tennessee Craft office no later than 30 days after the event. Please also include copies of receipts & proof of attendance.
- Give a presentation to his/her local Tennessee Craft chapter in a subsequent meeting, in which s/he will demonstrate the newly learned technique, skill, knowledge, etc. for which funding was received. Note: In the event the acquired knowledge is such that it isn’t able to be demonstrated, s/he agrees to provide an oral report to the group instead, with accompanying slide show, photos or other visuals.
5. Members may apply for scholarships anytime; however, members who are awarded funding are only eligible to receive additional scholarships a minimum of three (3) years after the date in which prior funding was awarded. Requests considered equal in all other respects, preference will be given to first-time applicants.
6. Failure to abide by any of the above guidelines will result in disqualification from future funding, or a refund of monies awarded.
7. Applications will be acknowledged when received, and reviewed on a quarterly basis. Submission deadlines are published below.
*Must be submitted electronically on or before midnight CST.
Applicants will be notified by mail of the Committee’s decision, approximately 30 days from the submission deadline. Questions regarding the status of an application may be emailed to email@example.com.