Second Grade Whole Class Day 4
Fidelity Observation Form
TEACHER'S NAME (LAST):
TEACHER"S NAME (FIRST):
Is this the first school year that the teacher has implemented the instructional model?
Has the observer established inter-rater reliability with someone trained in this program?
DATE OF OBSERVATION:
NUMBER OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
GRADE LEVEL(S) OF STUDENTS OBSERVED:
NUMBER OF LESSONS TAUGHT TO DATE THIS SCHOOL YEAR:
Read the following statements and use the rating scale below to best describe your observation of the IMPLEMENTATION of each instructional skill. The observation should last through the entire reading lesson. Space is provided at the end of this form for comments. SCALE Rating 0 = Skill not demonstrated Rating 1 = Improperly Implemented Rating 2 = Somewhat Properly Implemented Rating 3 = Appropriately Implemented Leave the rating BLANK if the skill was NOT APPLICABLE to the observation
1. Lesson preparation prior to instruction is evident.
2. Teacher is able to manage materials to transition from one activity to the next.
3. Lesson begins within 2-3 minutes of designated time.
4. Materials displayed to enhance instruction (e.g., posters, wall frieze, PCC, etc.).
5. Various instructional strategies are utilized.
6. Questioning techniques are used throughout the lesson.
7. Students are engaged and attentive.
Teacher / Student Engagement
Quick Dash - 8. Teacher shows picture side of 4-8 recently taught PCCs, and then the plain letter side.
9. Children respond to the picture with the character name or story logic and to the plain letter with the sound.
10. Teacher goes through 10-15 plain letter sides 2-3 times, faster each time. (Sounds Race)
11. Children respond with sounds. (Sounds Race)
Red Robot’s Reading Race - 12. Teacher guides children in reading the Student List for the unit.
13. Teacher and children reread the Student List at least two more times at an increasing rate.
Game of the Week (Children play one of five word reading games in pairs or threes.)14. Children read word cards made for the game or words on the game board as they play.
Use of Assessments
15. Evidence of end of unit fluency assessments have been administered and scored. (Reading Robots Racers Chart)
16. Evidence of end of unit spelling assessments have been administered and scored.
17. Data is used to inform instruction with activities for reviewing and re-teaching used as needed.
Please rate using the following scale: Not At All (0) Needs Improvement (1) Satisfactory (2) Outstanding (3)
18.The time allocated for the lesson was sufficient.
19.The teacher covered an appropriate amount of material for the time allocated.
20.The delivery of the lesson was paced to students’ needs.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLANK RATINGS:
Should be Empty: