Robert Swatzell Health Science Scholarship
is designed to provide financial assistance to those students enrolled in a certificate or degree programs offered in the Health Science Division of studies. These funds are stipulated for students with no other means of financial assistance.
Certificate Programs, limited to $500 per student per program and Associate Degree Programs, limited to $1000 per student per program.
Students in EKG/Phlebotomy/Nursing Assistant programs may qualify for up to $750 if entered into one additional Certificate program. The additional funds are contingent upon the student successfully challenging and having a passing score on the credentialing examination. Those students who successfully obtaining a passing score on the credentialing examination will not be eligible for additional funding in either the certificate of Associate Degree programs.
1. Complete application online
2. Provide documentation of financial need. This can include
a. Bank Statement and income verification
b. Documentation of inability to obtain other financial assistance, letter of ineligibility.
3. Two letters of reference from persons outside of student"s family:
a. Program Instructors
c. High School Teachers
d. Other Professionals
4. Letter of acceptance and/or verification of enrollment at Coahoma Community College.
5. The funds should be used for books, tuition, uniforms, and other fees incorporated into program. 6. Maintain a 3.0 GPA in all core subjects; the instructor can, based on his/her evaluation of the student"s ability, professionalism, and work ethics recommend funding for students with a 2.5 GPA in the core subjects.