1 Corinthians 12:14-20 - "For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, 'Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,' that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, 'Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,' that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, yet one body."
We believe that God has uniquely gifted every member of our church family to serve others in specific ways. Everyone is different. Yet everyone is just as important as everyone else. The purpose of this comprehensive assessment is to both help you discern and help us discover (1) the ways God has gifted you, (2) your unique interests and abilities, and (3) your personal life experiences that you would be willing to utilize for the sake of ministering to others.
There are 5 sections in this assessment:
1. Spiritual Gifts - the first part of the assessment is a series of 126 questions that will aid in helping you discover the way(s) in which God has gifted you. After completing this part of the assessment, you will be redirected to another webpage to complete the assessment.
2. Heart/Passion - this section will help us to know the main areas in which you desire to serve or the main passions that drive your desire to serve.
3. Abilities/Skills - this section will compile the various skills that you have aquired throughout your life.
4. Personality - this section will help us to understand the way in which you prefer to operate: people-oriented or task-oriented, structured or unstructured.
5. Experiences - this section will help us learn about personal experiences that God has brought you through that you would be willing to turn into ministry opportunities to help others who are experiencing the same things.
Here are a few suggestions as you complete this assessment:
1. Be honest about what describes you best, not necessarily what you wish described you best.
2. The correct answer in this first section on Spiritual Gifts is most likely the first answer that pops into your mind. Don't overthink answers.
3. The entire form (all 5 sections) should take around 30-60 minutes to complete, depending on how much time you spend on each answer.
Thank you for taking the time to let us learn more about you. We would enjoy meeting with you after you complete this form in order to help you figure out where you can most effectively serve in our body with the most joy. We thank God for you!