Grant Information, Philosophy, Policies and Signature:
Purpose & Philosophy: In order to promote tennis at the local level, the Wisconsin Tennis Association has a limited amount of funds available as grants to non-profit organizations for the purpose of initiating new or innovative tennis programs for all ages, abilities or disabilities.
There grants are intended to provide support for the initiation and growth of tennis programs. Because of budget limitations, most funding grants do not exceed $750
1. The Program or sponsoring agency:
*Must be/become an organizational member of the USTA.
*Is expected to generate some of its own funds.
*Should make every effort to allocate future agency budget funds in ensuing years for the program if successful. Must complete the application form and submit the program brochure/flyer from the previous year.
*Must submit a year-ending report of detailed costs, an evaluation of the program and the current program brochure within one month following the completion of the program.
*Must return all unused funds to the USTA/Midwest Section/ Wisconsin District
*May receive an on-site visit by a WTARC grant evaluator. Funds may be used for instructor costs reasonable publiity costs, and other costs relating to the program.
2. Funds may be used for instructor costs reasonable publicity costs and other costs relating to the program.
3. Funds cannot be used for salaries for full-time staff members of the organization, for nets, windscreens or other facilities costs, season-ending banquets, travel to events, trophies and other awards or other items deemed inappropriate by the WTARC.
4. Availability of funds varies each year depending on the Committee's Budget, the merit and clarity of the description of the program for which funds are requested and the number and extend of other requests.
5. A responsible official of the applying organization mush certify to the non-profit status of the organization.
6. If you need to renew your USTA Member Organization Application or join the USTA for the first time, call 800-900-8782 or visit www.membership.usta.com
7. To be considered for future funding, grant recipients must provide USTA programs in subsequent years.
8. All grants will be submitted in 2 installments. Upon Grant Committee approval and mid-program upon submission of expenditure receipts. Please submit mid-program receipts to:
Pam Hammond, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-602-0341
W6860 Rogersville Road
Fond du Lac, WI 54937