Avondbloem Experimental Fund Application
The Avondbloem Experimental Fund makes grants to individuals or groups within The Presbyterian Church in Canada, or to projects recommended by them, to support experimental projects which will help to spread the message of Jesus Christ and further the Kingdom of God.
The fund is administered by Canadian Ministries of the Life and Mission Agency of the PCC. The right to grant or refuse requests will be at the discretion of Canadian Ministries on the basis of the priorities of the Life and Mission Agency.
Conditions of Disbursement
Projects are to be innovative, experimental and practical in nature. Projects will involve special work, innovative ministry initiatives, investigation, study, or training. It is understood that projects funded by the Avondbloem Experimental Fund will contribute to the denomination’s understanding and experience of ministry and/or mission and that results will be made available to the Church.
* In order for applications to be considered, they must be received by April 15. If there are funds remaining after the first review, additional applications will be considered if received by October 15.
* Costs associated with project staffing will be considered for funding.
* In most cases the maximum length of funding will be two years, with a preference for projects that can be completed within a one year period.
* Preference will be given to first-time applicants.
* A grant can be terminated because of an unreasonable extension of the time, or because of failure to implement the project as submitted in the application.
Distribution of Funds
Once approved, 80% of the grant amount will be disbursed upon notice from the applicant that the project is ready to begin. The remaining 20% of the grant amount will be dispursed upon receipt of the final report.
Expectations after Receiving a Grant
A final report including a summary of the project, key insights, outcomes and photographs will be submitted to Canadian Ministries within four weeks after the project has been completed. A template for this report will be provided by Canadian Ministries. This enables your story to be shared with the denomination.
Applicants must add to any literature the following acknowledgement: "Supported in part by a bequest from The Presbyterian Church in Canada."
Continue Contributions to the Fund
Donors who wish to contribute to the Avondbloem Experimental Fund may contact Karen Plater in Planned Giving (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jen De Combe in Canadian Ministries (email@example.com).