THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between Burro Music Mixing ("BMM") and the Buyer, identified below (collectively, the "Parties").
IN CONSIDERATION of the mutual promises set forth herein, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Buyer hereby engages BMM to provide mixing / mastering services as listed above upon the following terms:
1. Billing structure: my rates are as listed above and at the Burro Music Mixing website. I bill by the project. We are agreeing on the price listed above which includes my standard mixing and / or mastering services plus any additional non-mixing services you decided to purchase. Non-mixing hourly work will be billed after completion. Also included at no cost are any additional equalization changes needed after I have completed your mix (up to 3 EQ changes please, for mixing work only). Any agreed upon variations to the billing will be specifically listed in your invoice.
a. If changes to your music are requested beyond the scope of the parameters listed in this agreement, additional charges will be incurred.
2. Payment: please remit payment after completing this agreement through the invoice I will send to the email address you provide below (using either a credit card or PayPal). I cannot start working on your mix until payment has been received in full.
a. If we reach a payment agreement that differs from the above, late fees and / or interest rates will apply for payment not received by said agreement.
3. Interim charge caps: this only applies if I’m working on a major project or am doing several smaller projects for one client that add up to major charges. The cap is $500 regarding how much outstanding debt the Buyer can carry (but this will rarely occur as I require payment in full before starting a project).
a. In those rare cases when payment has not been supplied up-front, a $500 cap will apply to the Buyer, so that when their total bill exceeds that amount, the Buyer will need to make an interim payment to bring it under or face work suspension.
b. I reserve the option to waive this cap if we have a long-standing relationship where the Buyer is a trusted client who pays on time and in full.
4. Scheduling: I will mix / master your tracks over several sessions to keep the ears fresh and the mix accurate and beautiful. Feel free to contact me during the process and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
5. No spec work allowed: I do not accept speculative work, which is work done with the hopes of impressing the client enough to provide further opportunities without any guarantee of payment. Time, resources and talent are precious and won’t be given away for free under any circumstance.
6. Termination of services by Buyer: if you are unsatisfied after I submit my first complete draft to you and want to end the project then and there, a minimum rate of $50.00 per tune will be charged for mixes and $15.00 per tune for masters for the work completed to protect me for my time and effort. This minimum rate applies only to work that is immediately refused and where the Buyer does not wish to allow me to continue.
a. Understand that I will be happy to work with you and revise the mix / master until you are completely satisfied (up to 5 revisions) and remember that I offer up to 3 changes even after your mixdown (not master) is completed to satisfy your needs and to make sure your music sounds its absolute best. However, I recognize that there may be times when a client wants to move to another service provider, and thus the minimum rate above is offered as a last resort.
b. Work that is refused by the Buyer cannot be used in whole or in part.
7. Ownership rights: you of course retain all rights to your tracks, mix or master after the project has been completed and may use or modify the final product however you see fit. However, when modifying the final mix or master I provide, bear in mind that you also waive any EQ changes or further work on my part, as I would effectively be starting from scratch and you would be charged in full for a new mixdown or master.
a. If you would consider allowing me to use your mix / master in a repertoire or portfolio for future promotion while you retain all other major usage rights, I would be very grateful.
b. If you would please consider crediting my mix / master of your music, I would greatly appreciate it. Credit can be given as follows: Mixed / Mastered by Bryan Hurt at Burro Music Mixing.
c. BMM is not responsible for archival back up of any Buyer project data other than the final mixes / masters themselves. Please back up your work.
8. Unforeseen or sudden termination of a project: in the unlikely event of some mishap, illness or accident occurring that makes it impossible for me to continue your project in progress, the Buyer should be aware of what protections he / she has. If I am physically unable to continue your project, your files and / or assets for a project will be turned over to you to be continued by someone else and you will only be billed for the work done up to that point.
a. Please understand that however unlikely a stoppage in work may be, hiring a single freelancer has certain risks, but there will certainly be some provision made in such circumstances.
9. General: this Agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the Parties.