* Adoption & Foster Acknowledgement *
(1) I understand that CHAAMP Malamutes can never be allowed off-leash unless they are in a height-appropriate secured fenced-in area.
(2) I understand Malamutes may develop same-gender dog aggression around the age of 2, especially when sharing a home.
(3) I understand Malamutes blow their coat (shed excessively) twice a year and shed somewhat year-round.
(4) I understand that invisible fencing is not an option for CHAAMP Malamutes. It does not protect Malamutes and may traumatize some.
(5) I agree to keep my Malamute on heartworm & flea/tick preventative year-round, stay up-to-date on vaccines, and visit a vet annually for a check-up. If I need help, I will reach out to CHAAMP.
(6) I understand that adoption is a lifetime commitment (10-14 years). However, if I cannot keep my Malamute, I will contact CHAAMP.
(7) I will not use dominance, intimidation (verbal or physical), “corrections” or Alpha Rolls to control my furry companion. I will contact CHAAMP for assistance with behavior issues.
(8) I will use a martingale collar and/harness instead of using shock, prong, or choke collars.
(9) I commit to using positive reinforcement rewards-based dog training and communication with my adopted Malamute.
(10) I understand Malamutes are strong pullers and I agree to use humane equipment such as a harness to avoid pressure on the throat, which may cause thyroid issues.
(11) I understand Malamutes naturally exhibit high predatory behavior towards critters such as cats, rabbits, squirrels, and small dogs, etc. and I will avoid or redirect my Mal with a high-value treat.