A 16th century pharmacist and seer, Nostradamus, has long been associated as someone who could see into the future. The Council of Advanced Practice Providers (CAPP) established the Nostradamus Award to be given annually to an individual, group of individuals, or organization, that through forethought and vision, recognizes, supports, and promotes the contributions of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) in nephrology.
To qualify, the individual or organization will have excelled in at least one of the following standards:
- Leadership in advancing or promoting the role of nephrology APPs in education, research, and/or health care management
- Promoting legislative advancement affecting nephrology APPs
- Performing outstanding community service promoting the cause of people with kidney disease and their families
- Advancing the education or recruitment of nephrology APPs
- Any individual or organization is eligible for nomination.
- A nomination is based on completion of a form describing the nominee’s accomplishments in one or more of the above listed areas.