MedSurplus Alliance membership is open to all medical product donation stakeholders.
Stakeholders include: Medical Surplus Recovery Organizations (MSROs), Non-Profit/Non-Governmental Organizations, Health Systems, Hospitals, Corporations, Foundations, Associations, Consultants and Individuals.
All Medical Surplus Recovery Organizations stakeholder members are required to achieve MSA Accreditation.
Note: MSA Accreditation is open to MSROs that choose to not join the MedSurplus Alliance. MSA membership is not an Accreditation requirement.
Four Core Donation Principles
* form the basis of acceptable medical equipment, consumables, and pharmaceutical donation practice:
1. There should be effective coordination and collaboration between the donor and the recipient, with all donations made according to a plan formulated by both parties.
2. Donations of medical equipment, consumables, and pharmaceuticals should benefit the recipient to the maximum extent. All donations should be based on an expressed need. Unsolicited donations are discouraged.
3. Donations should be given with due respect for the wishes and authority of the recipient, and in conformity with the government policies and administrative arrangements of the donating and recipient country and/or local authority.
4. There should be no double standard in If the quality of an item. If it is unacceptable in the donor country, it is also unacceptable as a donation.
*Adapted from the World Health Organization Donation Guidelines.